I tasted this tangy chicken at Urban Tadka in Mumbai. Highly recommended by my cousin, Urban Tadka was a stone’s throw away from his place. I still remember the perfect dose of tanginess and the velvety texture of their signature dish.
It became a standard practice for my cousin to get this chicken whenever he would visit us. I was so disappointed when Urban Tadka shut down. Tried having nimbu chicken at other places however no one came close to the taste. Eventually experimented it at home with the flavors I could remember. Not like Urban Tadka, but this preparation is good enough to keep everyone on the dining table happy 😊
Serves – 4 Time – 45 Minutes
- Chicken small pieces – 750 gm
- Almond – 12
- Cashews – 12
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Curd 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Soak almonds & cashews in hot water for 15 minutes and grind to a paste
- In a bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients and leave for 15 minutes minimum
Ingredients for Gravy
- Garlic chopped – 1 tbsp.
- Ginger julienne – 2 inch
- Green chilies slit – 4
- Black pepper – 1 tsp
- Kasuri methi -1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Lemon zest – 1 lime
- Lemon juice – 3 tbsp.
- Fresh cream – 2 tbsp.
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp.
- Heat oil and butter in a wok, add ginger, garlic, green chilies, sauté for a minute and add marinated chicken
- Stir continuously and bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 20 minutes on low flame, stirring in between
- Add pepper, kasuri methi, Garam masala, lemon zest & juice, cook for 2-3 minutes
- Switch off the flame & add fresh cream and mix well
- Garnish with lemon wedges and serve
- Adjust the tanginess as per your preference. When making it for my dad, I put only 1.5 tbsp
- This dish pairs well with Parathas and garlic bread