This is one dish that brings a smile to everyone’s face at home. An absolute hit with my eggetarian friends!
Ma used to whip up this delight in a jiffy when bachelors would bounce late at night. Posted in midst of jungles or dessert getting fresh veggies was a rare affair. Hence, eggs were always stocked specially for these situations. Like dad says, ‘ande or moongfli ke bina fauj nahi chal sakti’
This creamy velvety delight has been a charmer with my eggetarian friends. I cook it frequently specially when my toddler goes in her ‘No egg’ phase.
Requires minimum ingredients, ready in fifteen minutes, for me this comes in handy on a week night.
Serves – 4 Time – 20 minutes + boiling eggs – 10 minutes
- Eggs – 6 Boiled & chopped
- Onion chopped – 1 medium size
- Green chili – 1 chopped
- Milk – 1 cup or As required for consistency
- Cream(optional) – 1 tblspn
- Cumin whole – 1 tsp
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Roasted Cumin Powder – 2 tsp
- Garam Masala(Whole spices) Powder – 1 tsp heaped
- Salt – To taste
- Green Coriander – Chopped for garnishing
- Heat oil and add Cumin seeds
- Once they splutter and onions and sauté till translucent.
- Add chopped eggs, green chilli, turmeric, cumin powder and sauté for two minutes
- Add garam masala powder mix well
- Add milk and cream and bring to a boil, simmer for 2 minutes
- Garnish with coriander & serve hot
- This dish pairs well with parathas or buns
- Milk can be adjusted as per the consistency of the gravy required. I prefer it to be somewhere in mid, not too dry and nor too runny
2 thoughts on “Yellow Delight”
Tried this and it turned out to be yum yum yummm. It has a nice and creamy texture but it’s delightfully light. This is a must try recipe if you’re an egg lover.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much for trying the recipe & sharing your feedback! So happy that you liked it