Super Moist…Buttery Banana Cinnamon flavor…Soft Crumb
I would do anything to avoid eating Banana in any form. This was till last year when we went to a cousin’s place for Christmas. Knowing my disliking, my husband still insisted that I try the banana bread. Reluctantly tired it and to my utter surprised loved the flavor. It was baked by a friend of our cousin hence getting my hands on the recipe was slightly difficult. But perseverance paid off and totally worth it! Wholewheat flour and absolutely fuss free recipe. With minor iterations to the recipe this bread has become a weekly affair and a favorite of kiddo and her granddad.
Time – 15 minutes + 30 minutes baking time
- Bananas ripened – 3
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Oil/Butter – 1/2 cup
- Whole Wheat flour – 1 1/4 cup
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1 pinch
- Cinnamon powder OR Vanilla essence – 1 1/2 tblspn OR 1 tspn
- Mash banana & sugar well
- Add oil & beat well for two minutes
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon powder. Mix well for two minutes.
- Pour into a lined loaf tin and bake at 180 degrees for 40 minutes
- I prefer cinnamon over vanilla
- Replacing flour with 1 1/2 tblspn of cocoa powder, gets the lovely chocolaty flavor