The research for these Muffin recipe started out of desperation. Fed up of throwing the residue that is left after making Ghee, I made it a mission to utilise this. After an unsuccessful attempt of using it in curries, I struck gold with this Recipe. Now, a favorite for my elder one’s school snack box, it is a pleasure to see her devour it.
No beater or mixer needed, this is one easy recipe to pull off even on a school morning!
Serves – 25 medium size Muffins Time – Preparation – 15 minutes. Baking – 20-30 minutes
- Ghee Residue – 6 tbsp
- Fine Sooji / Rawa – 2 Cups
- Brown/White Sugar – 1.5 Cups
- Milk – 2 Cups
- Cardamom Essence/Powder – 1 tsp
- Saffron Essence (optional) – 1 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1.5 tsp
- Heat milk with sugar and Ghee residue and stir continuously till it dissolves
- Switch off the flame and put the Sooji in it and let it soak. This should take 7-10 minutes
- Set the oven for preheat at 180 C for 12 minutes
- Add cardamom & saffron flavours and Baking soda and mix well
- Pour in a greased muffin pan and bake at 180 C for 20-30 minutes