Salads have hidden pleasures for me. The reduction in guilt post or pre binging and the pleasure of family eating healthy food. These reasons make me order a salad even if we are dining out.
Watermelon and feta cheese salad is at the top of my salad list. I once experimented by replacing feta with Paneer/Cottage cheese (coz I was out of feta) and the flavors still worked wonderfully! Ever since I have made this salad with cottage cheese.
Serves – 4. Time – 10 minutes
- Watermelon – 1 medium size
- Cottage Cheese/Paneer – 50 gms
- Mint/Pudina leaves chopped – 1 tblspn
- Lime juice – 1/2 tblspn
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- For dressing, in a bowl mix lime juice, salt and mint leaves
- Cut the watermelon & cottage cheese in small cubes
- Pour the dressing to watermelon & cheese
- Mix with a light hand
- Keep the salad in fridge for ten minutes since the watermelon will leave its juices and blend well with the dressing
- Serve with a smile 😊
- Instead of cutting the cheese in to cubes, I crumble it to infuse the flavours in every bite