Haldi Doodh, now more commonly known as Turmeric Latte.
This immunity booster is highly recommended during the season change especially for kids. With the goodness of turmeric, cardamom, cloves, pepper, saffron & jaggery, it eases runny noses, cough and congestion.
I was introduced to this by my husband. Now, a daily routine for my younger one, I keep changing the combination of flavourings to keep his taste buds happy. Like, I either put cinnamon or nutmeg which changes the flavour. Do give it a try and let me know how it was.
Serves – 2 Time – 5 minutes
- Milk – 500 ml
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Cardamom – 1 small Iightly crushed
- Black Pepper – 2 freshly crushed
- Clove – 1 freshly crushed
- Cinnamon/Nutmeg powder – ¼ tsp
- Saffron – 2-3 strands (optional)
- Jaggery – 1 tsp or as per taste
- Mix all the ingredients in a heating pan, stir well and bring to a boil
- Simmer the flame and cook for another 2 mins & switch off from the flame
- Strain the milk in a glass & serve